In some situations, a Connecticut divorce can be expedited and completed in just 35 days. On this page, you can learn more about the non-adversarial divorce and how you can get one on this page.
What is a Non-Adversarial Divorce?
Those who are eligible for non-adversarial divorces can get divorced in as little as 35 days. What is more, these couples do not have to go to court and they do not need to have their divorce heard before a judge. The regular Connecticut divorce process can take at least three months, so this form of divorce is much faster. In addition, you don’t have to deal with the hassle of going to court and you will have the opportunity to quickly move on with your life.
You are eligible for the non-adversarial divorce if you and your spouse fit the following criteria:
- Have been married for less than ten years.
- You and your spouse do not have children together and are not pregnant with a child.
- The value of the property owned between you and your spouse is less than $80,000.
- You and your spouse don’t have an interest in your real property or the title.
- You don’t have a bankruptcy pending.
- You don’t have a pension benefit plan.
- There isn’t another action for the dissolution of your marriage.
- There aren’t protective or restraining orders between you and your spouse.
How to File for This Type of Divorce
In order to file for a non-adversarial divorce, you and your spouse must fill out and submit the following forms:
- Joint Petition – Non-adversarial Divorce.
- Financial Affidavit (Long or Short for each spouse).
- Notice of Automatic Court Orders – Non-adversarial Divorce.
- Appearance Form.
- Certification of Notice in Family Cases.
- Agreement – Non-adversarial Divorce (if applicable).
If you are interested in filing a non-adversarial divorce, contact my office for more information. We can ensure that you are eligible for this type of divorce before you begin the process. We can also help you with the paperwork and make sure that everything is filed correctly. We are here to make sure that this process is as simple as possible for you, so contact us today for the help that you need!